Monday, January 30, 2012

In Review: Melba's Restaurant

One of life's most glorious past times has got to be enjoying a REALLY good (emphasis on REALLY GOOD) meal with a dear friend or a loved one...well at least it is for me.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to dine at Melba's Restaurant located at 300 West 114th Street in NYC. The restaurant had recently been featured on one of my favorite shows "Chef Roble" while he met with client and the ever fab Bevy Smith to go over details for an event that he was catering for her...I thought to myself well if Roble AND Bevy dined there then Etoile should to!

Oh and what a 'treat' it was. The small restaurant is beautifully and tastefully decorated. My dinner companion and I were seated immediately and presented with menus and then my troubles began...seriously how do you choose between eggnog waffles and fried chicken or the fried chicken entree with the all time kicked up soul food classic...THREE Cheese Mac N'Cheese. #ummhello!

After battling my inner foodie I settled on the Catfish Strip Appetizer and The Fried Chicken Entree.

Our appetizer’s arrived shortly after we order…#bonus and were #delish! My Catfish Strips were lightly battered, crispy, and almost melted in my mouth. My friend ordered the Melba’s Spring Roll which was filled with Red Rice, Black-Eyed Peas and Collard Greens in a Spring Wrap.

When our entrees arrived it became obvious to me that the star on my plate was the Tres Macaroni and Cheese which is a blend of Pepper Jack, Mozzarella, and Cheddar Cheeses…one word #LAWD.

The service was fantastic, the food was delicious, and I will be back.

If you live in the NYC area and you have not dined there add Melba’s to your list of restaurants to try.

Until Next Time,
Etoile

For additional information:
http://www.melbasrestaurant.com

1 comment:

  1. hey there. I tagged you in a recent post. stop by my blog and you'll see. Join in on the tagging!

    ReplyDelete