Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whitney

I was in my hotel room prepping for a Pre-Grammy Party in LA when my phone suddenly exploded, no less than 25 texts in 5 minutes or less. I was shocked and saddened by the news of her passing. Whitney sang songs and made music that spoke to my heart and my soul. A sister girl from Newark, NJ she seemed so cool, down to earth like we could actually be friends. The very first Music Awards Show that I attended I met her, she was kind and gracious and told me that my tuxedo pantsuit was gorgeous...I promptly went into the ladies room, pulled out my cell phone, dialed my mom and screamed into the phone 'Mommy! I just met Whitney Houston!'

Over the course of my career in entertainment our paths crossed again several times. She was always kind and gracious and sister girl 'real' ...her status appeared to have never gone to her head.

Whitney was my icon, she created beautiful, timeless music that will live on forever.

My deepest condolences to her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment