Thursday, October 6, 2011

On the Couch with Winsome Sinclair

What is your name & What do you do?

My name is Winsome Sinclair & I am a Casting Director/Producer? Entrepreneur

When did you 'love affair' with film begin?
I have always loved film..I think the first grown up film I remember loving was LOVE STORY with Ryan O'Neal & Ali Mcgraw However My love affair with film took hold in 12th grade when I took a film study class with Mr. Flaherty... He taught us how to love & analyze films

How long have you been working in the film industry? Since September of 1989.. SO I just passed my 22nd Anniversary

Tell us about your lifestyle brand Breezes and the philosophy behind it?
Hmm BREEZES as a lifestyle is something that was conceptualized based on us truly loving the life we live... I come from a family that loves a great conversation...And loves to Enjoy life.. We were raised a certain way and we take that every where we go.. Even in terms of how and who we do business with other people. I think one of the greatest compliments I ever got from a colleague that knew me and some of my siblings is that when you meet a Sinclair you meet all the Sinclairs you know it when we walk in the room....This makes my parents proud..

What has been your career high-light to date?
Hmmm Its been a really great run thus far and I have many moments I remember fondly... I loved doing MO BETTER BLUES.. My intro to this industry.. I really loved doing MALCOLM X and working with Forrest Whitaker & Whitney Houston on WAITING TO EXHALE also working with Hype Williams on his Debut feature BELLY , with Speilberg on AMISTAD.. I loved meeting Oliver Stone and working with Lee Daniels on PRECIOUS...I loved being invited back to my Alma Mater ( Florida A & M University ) to speak. I am excited to be working on the remake of SPARKLE now with Whitney Houston and TD Jakes...And the list just keeps on. It is not lost on me how VERY Blessed I have been

What was your big break?
My big Break was getting an internship on the set of MO BETTER BLUES.


What are your goals and aspirations?
Goals & Aspirations are to continue to do the kind of work and be aligned with the kind of projects that will make my grand children proud.. I also look forward to collaborating with people of like minds & sensibilities to create the kind of product & projects that will have an impact on this industry and the way we do business... You see I am clear that my ministry is in Entertainment. This is where GOD sent me and this is where for 22 years he has continued to use me to do his work... I really do LOVE my JOB!!!

What should every woman know about pursuing her dreams?
Stay focused , Remain Humble but also KNOW your WORTH... Put GOD 1st in all your decision making. HE will never steer you wrong

What is next for Winsome?
BREEZES Lifestyle presents the WSA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL in NEGRIL JAMAICA 2012

To Contact Winsome: wsacasting@aol.com
www.wsaentertainment.com

Photo Credit: Daniel Green

No comments:

Post a Comment