Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Curvy Bella of The Day - Gloria J. Hughes

The Curvealicious Chronicles had the opportunity to sit down with Gloria J. Hughes. She is one super intelligent curvy who has it going on! Gloria is passionate about life and one amazing woman!

Enjoy,
Etoile

What is your name and what do you do?
My name is Gloria Jean Hughes and I am a Research Chemist.

What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about life, living it to the fullest and being a good steward over all things given to me. As the mother of two boys ages 19 and 18, I am also passionate about raising them to become intelligent, strong, loving and kind black men. They are well on their way. I am also passionate about bringing more African American and minority women into the world of science.

What are your goals and dreams?
My biggest dream is to create drugs that would eradicate diabetes, cancer, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's! Some of my goals include striving to live a life pleasing to God (life time journey). To become one of two Female African American Lead Research Chemists in my company and open a gourmet bake shop! More importantly to be kind and live in peace with those around me.

What words of advice can you offer curvy bella's in pursuit of their dreams?
My advice to fellow curvy bella's in pursuing their dreams is to never conform to defeat! Never let what others say about you in a mean spirited way penetrate your person. Take constructive criticism in stride. Stay focused and believe in yourself because when you do, everyone else will too! Walk with your head up!


What sage words of advice can you give 'curvy's' about being comfortable
in their skin?
Some sage words of advice for my curvy's about being comfortable in their own skin are; be strong, intelligent, sexy, confident, savvy, beautiful and happy! Rock those curves!!


As a curvy what are your fashion do's and what are your fashion don't?
Spanx, spanx and more spanx is one of my fashion do's. They are expensive but worth the investment. Never wear something form fitting without them. A good bra is a must also. My biggest fashion don't is stockings and sandals! Drives me nuts! The only exception are elderly women!!

Where can everyday curvy's on a budget find fashions that flatter their
figure?
To a lot of curvy's surprise, Macy's, Nordstrom and Lord Taylor have some fabulous fashion saves. You have to take your time and look through the racks though. One on a budget can also find some cute and flattering clothes at Simply Fashion, Rainbow and Dots. I found some really pretty and feminine sun dresses long and short at these stores. That's all I wore this summer with sexy wedges and sandals

What is 'next' for you?
What's next for me? Ummmmm only God knows!! But in the meantime I'm going to be the best Gloria I can be for and to those in my personal and professional
life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment